Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Full-Time Life

I am officially in my second day as a full-time employee, and it's refreshing. I had no intention of creating that pun, because I am currently working at OrangeSoda. I'm a campaign manager, which means I help coordinate a little bit of the magic created within these citrous walls. The people surrounding me have helped guide my public relations-centered mind in the right direction, helping me understand what I'm supposed to do and how I can exceed.

Probably the thing I'm most excited about is the opportunity to learn. Everyone here is not only knowledgeable in their fields, they are excited to talk to me and make connections. That's impressive.

I watched a CNBC report about Google yesterday and one of their executives, Marissa Mayer, said the coolest thing, which will probably help guide my life:

"You should work with the smartest people you can find and you should do things you're not ready to do."

Three days of work and I feel more mentally stimulated than I have in a long time. A different type of mental exercise than school. I feel like I can really learn a lot of knowledge people have gained through hands-on experience and I am just trying to expand my portfolio. Speaking of which, I got a visualize.me account and I'm excited to play with it.

Hooray for growing up!

No comments: