Sunday, July 11, 2010

The best thing about being a kid is craft-time



This is just a video of our Fourth of July picnic from last Sunday.

This week I started my internship at the law school. A while ago I got in contact with BYU's Law School (thanks to some help from Jessi) and I got hired to work with the public relations department in the law school. It's been fun to get in the groove and have some projects to work on. I'll let you know when I have something more definitive to share.

Also this week, we've been working on throwing in ceramics. It's been a blast! Needless to say, Philip has been having a hey-day every day. As soon as I got my clay-hands back I have been throwing like crazy and I love it. I've definitely been trying new things. As soon as I have some finished works I'll post some pictures.

Speaking of pictures, here's the camera case I made out out of a canvas poster I took from campus.

In other crafty news, I bought a pair of guy's jeans (that were too short) for 6 dollars from a second hand store and sewed them into shorts.


And the backpack I made from the canvas poster and Dad's orange straps.





Friday night Taylor and I had a date night. We started by having dinner at Gloria's Little Italy, an amazing little restaurant in Provo started by a family from Northern Italy. The food is amazing. We got pasta and dessert and our waiter was one of Taylor's friends so we had a really pleasant time.
Then, we went and saw Toy Story 3 in 3D. Uh-May-Zing. The personalities and emotion they put into these plastic cartoon things are unreal. I cried, definitely did, and it's easy to see why McKenzie and Dad had their heart strings pulled at.
One of my favorite things was the short at the start of the film, Day and Night. There was one problem with movie: we went and saw the 9:50 show so there weren't any little kids. Since I'm a kid a heart, I was laughing and expressing my enjoyment of the movie, but no one else did. Lame.
When I go see Despicable Me this week, I'm going to go in the late afternoon so I can laugh with all the little ones.

This last month has been the FIFA World Cup and today was the final, Spain vs Netherlands. Sadly Germany lost in the semi-finals and Brasil was knocked out even earlier, so our personal ties weren't strong. Neither country has won a World Cup, and it was an intense game going into the 30 minute extra time. I think there were a total of nine yellow cards and one red card. You could tell both teams wanted it. The teams were pretty easily matched, but Spain's goal in the 108th minute agreed with my thought that they had a little bit of an edge over Netherlands.

Taylor and I invited Philip and Elizabeth over for the event (they made Vuvuzelas) and Lindsay and Lauren and Alex ended up coming over too. (Lindsay and Lauren were in town for a missionary farewell and so we invited Alex over.) So, the event turned into a party with cookies, Coke, home-made Pizza and garlic bread and home-made Frosties. Solid party, if I should say so myself.


I love you all!

No comments: