Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pioneers and Indians

Here's my newest craft, thanks to one of my blogs! I took little plastic toys, put eyelet screws in them, spray painted them and now I have cool jewelry/whatever I want. Check them out!

Here are a few of my favorites.



All week I've been working on my reliquary for ceramics. Since I don't have any finger bones to enshrine, I decided to make mine in respect for my love of traveling and languages. I'll get some pictures up next week, but for now I'll just say I'm really excited with how it's turning out.

After Saturday, Utah will officially shut down all its fireworks stands. Weird to see them up so long after the Fourth of July, but it's a fun culture thing, I guess.

Thursday night Elizabeth's friend, Mikaila, came into town for the weekend and she is staying with me. I like her, so it's been good to have everyone hanging out. Friday night the three girls went to the mall before meeting Philip and Taylor at Bangkok Grill (Delicious) for a late lunch.

Saturday Elizabeth, Mikaila, Taylor and I walked around the Provo Saturday-morning Farmers Market. We tried a Mango smoothy with Boba, different types of honey and looked at all the different hand crafts. One of the coolest things was a guy who served his mission in Hungary and brought back the traditional dessert Kürtös Kalács. Also, Taylor spotted two of the Hurst's greatest weakness.

I almost brought it home. A mini-lop bunny. Awwwww.

After we had lunch at JDawgs with Boyd and Betty (aka Elder and Sister Helquist) and then went to their place where we made Hooch, admired the birds and the garden and chatted. I love the two of them. They are so welcoming and its so pleasant to just be there together. San Juan blood runs thick.






Grammie, little Lucy made me think of you. She's the Helquist's grandpuppy.


Check out my crafty-craft lion necklace!

LOVE.

No comments: