Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Goodbye Winter 2009

I am officially done with the 2008/2009 school year and I couldn't be happier.

Today as I walked home from my last final I couldn't help but be bouncy from joy. I was walking home with nothing but sun in my life. I was wearing my white summer dress with wavy summer hair under the white blossoms and warm sun. There is no better way to end a long winter than with solid grades, happy weather and an adventurous future.

Then, (as if a perfect packing session wasn't good enough) McKenzie and I went to dinner. We try to make it a regular-ish habit, and it's always amazing. We usually get a light dinner (tonight it was bread twists and salad from the Pizza factory) and then just make the most of our payment by  nursing Diet Coke and just sitting in the restaurant and talking for hours. (Tonight's bonding lasted 2.5) Unbelievable to think how we didn't get along at all in the not so distant future. Thank goodness for growing up! McKenzie is the BEST confidant one could ask for and an even better little sister. Listening to her describe her newest passion (El Salvador and micro-somethingorother) and her almost new passion (Austin Hyde) reminds me of why we became best friends. She's a champ. Hands down.

The Hurst kids can't help but be obsessed with each other. BTW.

Yesterday Philip, Liz and I went over to visit Boyd and Betty and take Aunt Betty some gorgeous flowers Philip did a fabulous job of picking out. They'll find out Wednesday afternoon if the surgery was successful and give her more information on how this round of cancer looks. Betty is so strong. She looked tired, but after so many fights with cancer she looks beautiful. Hopefully she'll overcome it this time as well as she has before.

I'm getting ready to head off to DC and I'm getting a tiny bit of the nervous excitement I had before Berlin. Still can't believe I'm not coming home to San Jose.
Dad, I'm so excited to see you Thursday before you head off to Colorado and Mom I miss you tons.

LOVE!

No comments: